Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What's My Origin?

I was born on August 8, 1986 so that makes me 22 years old. I am a quarter Swedish, a quarter Dutch, an eighth Irish and some other ethnicities that I’m not quite sure of. I have two older brothers, Matt and John. Matt is my oldest brother. We are six years apart and don’t really get along. It’s that big age gap; we just don’t get each other. Anyway, he has a ten-year-old son, Andrew, who is in the fifth grade this year. I can’t believe how old he is getting and tall. Last time I was home, he was almost taller than me and it scared me a little. My other brother, John, is two years older than me. We are a lot closer than Matt and I. Anyway, he recently moved to Mobile, Alabama and is having the time of his life building the biggest building I have ever heard of. I don’t remember what it is going to be used for but it is a government building so Heaven only knows what’s going on. I can’t wait for him to come home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has been almost 5 months since I have seen him and I really miss him.
Anyway, my origin continues with why I decided education as my career? The answer is simple: I love kids and I want to instill the values and intelligence needed to survive in this world. That is what my elementary school teachers did for me and it’s about time I returned the favor!!!!! I just hope I can be as good of a teacher as they were. People have often told me that I have a gift for teaching and I can’t wait to see if they are right because as of right now, I don’t believe it yet. Don’t get me wrong, I love teaching and I know that it is what I want to do with my life, I just can’t quite see it only being in the classroom a few times a week. I am starting to see it more and more each time but as of right now, I will just sit back and enjoy the ride...taking the driver’s seat whenever necessary though!!!

No comments: