Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Life-Changing Personal Experience

Preface: I know that this is not the most life-changing experience I have gone through but it’s the biggest lately!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I was at my sixth month dental appointment. My dentist informed me that I would have to get my wisdom teeth pulled as soon as possible. I almost started crying because for the past two years, he has said that I would not have to get them pulled. Luckily, I only have three to get pulled but it still sucks because now my winter break is pretty much ruined. Not only that, I am planning on student teaching next semester and I do not want to go into student teaching with puffy cheeks and a bad attitude. I say that I will have a bad attitude because I do not tolerate pain very well and it sometimes comes across in my actions how much I do not like being in pain. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on how to cope with the pain and help get over it as quickly and smoothly as possible, I would greatly appreciate it!!! My surgery will be on December 27.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Britt, you will do fine!! It only takes about three days to get over the swelling though I hear the third day is the worst ....lots of frozen bags of peas on your cheeks!